Blogger vs WordPress, which of the two is better for blogging?
Do you know the difference between Blogger vs WordPress. Actually starting a blog on both is time consuming and difficult. You don’t need to worry just learn SEO techniques and promote your blog to achieve new techniques. But first, you have to choose a blogging platform which platform is good for blogging.
For beginners, please also read the article Knowing Domains, Hosting, and How to Connect
In fact, free and paid blogging platforms are full of online bundles like Blogger, WordPress, Wix, Tumblr, Medium, Ghost, Strikingly, Site123. But the last option that appears in front of us is Blogger and WordPress, people are most concerned about what is suitable for blogging Blogger and WordPress.
Don’t worry! This article explains the differences between Blogger and WordPress. Initially many Bloggers used Blogger (BlogSpot) and then switched to WordPress. Not that Blogspot isn’t good, many popular blogs are still running on the Blogspot platform.
If you are confused about choosing one of these two Blogger vs WordPress, then be sure to read this article from start to finish.
Blogger is a product of Google. That’s why the company offers a lot of built-in Google features like Adwords, Adsense and Analytics.
But it is also very useful for New Bloggers. If you don’t know what year the blog started, let me tell you, Blogger started in 1999.
Pyra Labs, makers of Blogger, started this small company in San Francisco among .com makers.
A few years later, the company started to generate more users and traffic, by 2002, they had become millions of users and with millions of users even today, it has become a great opportunity to start a free blogging journey.
- First of all, Beginner is available to bloggers for free, new bloggers should choose a free platform which is easy to use. Blogger certainly provides a user-friendly interface with widgets, which are easy for users to master.
- This platform also hosts tons of free simple templates so bloggers can customize the experience for their visitors.
- Blogger updates are easier due to other issues like site maintenance, many users prefer to link their Blogger account with their Google Adsense and Analytics account for smooth tracking.
- Blogger is more secure than WordPress and less likely to be hacked.
- Blogger provides many basic features, they are not provided to create a more professional blog or website. While the simple interface attracts new bloggers, many professional and advanced blogging features are lacking.
- The facilities here are also limited and many bloggers lack post edit options and minimum comment options. Many bloggers build their experience on Blogger.com and then switch to WordPress as there are more professional, advanced tools available.
WordPress was created to provide bloggers with a more complex blogging platform. WordPress was launched in 2003, today it has billions of users.
Before going deeper, WordPress is actually divided into two parts, namely WordPress.com and WordPress.org. If you want to see in detail what the difference between the two is, visit the link below
What is the difference between WordPress.com and WordPress.org
In this article, you will learn about WordPress.org, because WordPress.com provides free features like Blogger for free. However, one of the most popular bloggers out there is WordPress.org.
WordPress is made of PHP and MySQL software which we can download for free and we can install it on our hosting and create sites like Professional, E-Commercial, Blog etc.
However, to create a site on WordPress.org, it is very important that you buy Domain and Hosting, without this you cannot proceed.
If you want to buy hosting, there are many providers who provide offers to make you attractive, when you buy hosting, the domain is also available for free along with other features available.
To build a site on WordPress.org, all you need is hosting and a domain, which can be purchased from any provider.
- Self-hosted WordPress blogs give you a lot of control over the look, feel, and content you publish on your blog, along with the autonomy to make money blogging through various advertising and affiliate marketing platform plans.
- By installing plug-ins in WordPress, you can add a lot of functionality and support custom themes, both free and premium.
- WordPress sites can easily improve search engine rankings, this can help bring in more traffic for you.
- WordPress offers many security options and more support for your blog or site.
You can upload Videos, Photos and Files in your Site Space.
- You can earn money from your site in many ways like Google Adsense and affiliate programs etc.
To use this self-hosted platform, you need to purchase hosting and a domain which needs to be renewed regularly.
WordPress is one of the safest scripts, if we compare it to Blogger, then Blogger is more secure. Because, there are only two ways to hack bloggers either by hacking your blogger account or by hacking Google itself, which may not be possible. But, WordPress can be hacked.
Depending on your blogging experience and the type of blog you want to start, both Blogger and WordPress are great choices for both beginners and experienced users.
Who is Blogger right for? In my opinion, Blogger is suitable for users who want to keep an online diary or journal.
If we talk about WordPress, then people who want to create a website like big sites like Amazon can easily create a site using WordPress and besides, more business sites can be created from blogs.
If we talk about both, then Blogger is only limited to diary-like blogs and you can get Simple themes, hosting, blogspot domains etc. It’s free and you need to buy a domain and hosting at WordPress.org.
You can build better sites on WordPress than you can on Blogger. To create a professional site on WordPress, you can use a WordPress plugin and the best of the two is WordPress.
So let us know in the comments which platform you decided to start your blogging journey from. If you are still confused about choosing between Blogger vs WordPress, let us know in the comment box below, we will advise you.